building: management systems: health & safety
3b construction is firmly committed to carry out all its operations and works adhering to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Our directors have implemented and documented key processes and procedures in our Health and Safety Management System to ensure we meet or exceed standards for the construction sector. This Health and Safety Policy affirms our commitment to operating a safe environment for all employees, contractors, suppliers and members of the public.
Our directors assume overall control of the Health and Safety Management System with our Health and Safety Manager taking responsibility for maintaining the system and ensuring procedures are followed. All our employees share responsibility for enhancement and improvement of the system.
The objectives of our Health and Safety Management System are:
- to reduce reportable incidents and accidents by 50% in 2012.
- to ensure, through staff training, that everything reasonably practicable is done to prevent personal injury and maintain safe places of work.
- to consult with all our workforce on Health and Safety issues.
- to conduct construction operations at all our sites in accordance with our Health and Safety Management System.
- to include all our employees in the achievement and improvement of good Health and Safety practice in our business.
- to continuously improve and enhance our Health and Safety Management System through training and research.
We monitor and test the integrity of our Health and Safety Management System through a series of planned internal and external audits, corrective action for instances of non-conformance and detailed reviews by our senior management.